ID: 02225: 4: 4: 235m²
LAS PALMAS DE GRAN CANARIA is the capital and located in the north-east of the island and is the largest city on Gran Canaria and the Canary Islands. Modern and at the same time a city with a lot of history. It owes its name to the Spanish conquerors, who called this “Villa Real de las Palmas” in 1478 due to the numerous palm trees. Traders from Portugal and Genoa were attracted by the trade of slaves and sugar cane from the nearby African coast. Episcopal and royal official buildings were built around the cathedral in Vegueta (historical part of the town), where the nobility also lived. Fishermen, artisans and merchants settled in Triana, on the other side of the Guiniguada River. In the aftermath, the city was repeatedly attacked by pirates, bad harvests and epidemics decimated the population. From 1833 the port of Puerto de la Luz was built and Las Palmas also became an important trading port between the old and new world because of the banana trade by English entrepreneurs.
If you want to travel back in time, “Vegueta”, the old part of Las Palmas is also a good choice. Here you will be accompanied by the architecture of the past and many well-preserved and restored buildings.
In the new era, the first bathing tourists came with the first cruise ships and the first hotels were also built on Las Canteras Beach. With the opening of the airport, tourism increasingly shifted to the south of the island. In the evening, Las Palmas becomes a popular meeting place. Bars, bistros, night clubs and restaurants have emerged and enjoy international popularity.
The variety of hotels, concert halls, the different cultural events and of course the fantastic beaches attract and fascinate the visitors again and again. The longing of vacationers to live on the island of eternal spring need not be a dream. There are properties made to measure, whether apartments or houses for rent or for sale.
Airport: 25 km
Maspalomas: 57 km
Very good infrastructure lot of tourism.